Terms and Conditions
Please Review Carefully
UAMPA offers Appointment Setting and Patient Communication Services, such as helping you to book appointments with a UAMPA healthcare provider(s) (each, “UAMPA Healthcare Provider”) and managing and forwarding your health history forms and other health-related information to share with Your Healthcare Providers (“UAMPA Services”). As part of providing these UAMPA Services, UAMPA may collect, use, share, and exchange your health history forms and other health-related information with UAMPA Healthcare Providers. Under a federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some of this health and health-related information may be considered “protected health information” or “PHI” if such information is received from or on behalf of Your Healthcare Providers.
Safeguards for PHI HIPAA protects the privacy and security of your PHI by limiting the uses and disclosures of PHI by UAMPA and by health plans (called “Covered Entities”) as well as companies, that provide certain types of assistance to Covered Entities (called “Business Associates”). Under certain circumstances described in HIPAA, an individual needs to sign an Authorization form before a Covered Entity, like Your Healthcare Provider(s), can disclose protected health information to a third party.
Non-Protected Health Information
Your PHI Authorization
The purpose of this UAMPA Authorization (“Authorization”) is to request your written permission to allow UAMPA to use and disclose your PHI in the same way as we use and disclose your Non-PHI. UAMPA needs your Authorization to be able to use and disclose your PHI in the same way it can currently use and disclose your Non-PHI when UAMPA is not working on behalf of UAMPA Healthcare Providers, but is instead working on its own behalf. Therefore, when UAMPA relies on this Authorization, and uses and discloses PHI as described in this authorization, it is not working as a Business Associate and the HIPAA requirements that apply to Business Associates will not apply to such uses and disclosures. If you e-sign this Authorization, you give your written permission to UAMPA to retain your PHI and to use and/or disclose your PHI in the same way that you have agreed that your Non-PHI can be used and disclosed.
Specifically, you agree that UAMPA can use your PHI to:
- enable and customize your use of the UAMPA Services;
- provide you alerts or other UAMPA Services regarding future appointments;
- notify you regarding providers we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- share information with you regarding services, products or resources about which we think you may be interested in learning more;
- provide you with updates and information about the UAMPA Services;
- market to you about UAMPA and third party products and services;
- conduct analysis for UAMPA’s business purposes;
- support development of the UAMPA Services; and
- create de-identified information and then use and disclose this information in any way permitted by law, including to third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts.
You also agree that UAMPA can disclose your PHI to:
- Third parties assisting UAMPA with any of the uses described above;
- UAMPA Healthcare Providers to enable them to refer you to, and make appointments with, other providers on your behalf, or to perform an analysis on potential health issues or treatments, provided that you choose to use the applicable UAMPA Service;
- a third party as part of a potential merger, sale or acquisition of UAMPA;
- our business partners who assist us by performing core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, or data storage and security) related to the operation or provision of our services, even when UAMPA is no longer working on behalf of UAMPA Healthcare Providers;
- a provider of medical services, in the event of an emergency; and
- organizations that collect aggregate and organize your information so they can make it more easily accessible to your providers.
If UAMPA discloses your PHI, UAMPA will require that the person or entity receiving your PHI agrees to only use and disclose your PHI to carry out its specific business obligations to UAMPA or for the permitted purpose of the disclosure (as described above). UAMPA cannot, however, guarantee that any such person or entity to which UAMPA discloses your PHI or other information will not re-disclose it in ways that you or we did not intend or permit.
Expiration and Revocation of Authorization
Your Authorization remains in effect until you provide written notice of revocation to UAMPA. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND AND REVOKE THIS AUTHORIZATION AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY (OR NO) REASON. If you wish to revoke this Authorization, you must notify UAMPA by submitting a revocation through your account settings page. Your decision not to execute this Authorization or to revoke it at any time will not affect our ability to use certain of the UAMPA Services. A Revocation of Authorization is effective after you submit it to UAMPA, but it does not have any effect on UAMPA’s prior actions taken in reliance on the Authorization before revoked. Once UAMPA receives your Revocation of auhorization, UAMPA can only use and disclose your PHI as permitted in UAMPA’s agreements with Your Healthcare Provider(s). Your Revocation of Authorization does not affect UAMPA’s use of your Non-PHI. We will make available to Your Healthcare Provider(s), current and past, your agreement to or revocation of this Authorization.