Summary of Job:
Obtain pre-certification and benefits, alert patients of required copays/deductibles, and
schedule all surgeries
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtain pre-certification and benefits for surgeries, ordered by your assigned provider. Ensure
pre-certification and benefits information is properly documented within the patient record.
2. If patient benefits show a deductible or copay, ensure collection of this payment prior to
performing a surgery.
3. Schedule surgeries for your assigned provider based on UAMPA protocol. Ensure both the
patient and hospital confirm the scheduled slot. Properly document all scheduling within the
patient record and provide the patient both verbal and written details regarding their
4. Reschedule office appointments when replaced by a surgery.
5. Respond to all patient phone calls regarding surgery questions within 24 hours
6. Maintain a professional and polite phone demeanor at all times
7. Perform other tasks as needed or directed by the UAMPA management team
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. GED required
2. 3 + years of relevant experience required
1. Employee must be able to communicate clearly with patients.
2. Employee must be able to keep an organized workflow and effectively manage multiple tasks
at one time.
3. Employee must be able to be active and mobile for an eight hour period
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are able to perform
the essential functions of the job
"*" indicates required fields