Summary of Job:
This position will oversee reimbursement strategies for twenty-six Urologists, three Radiation Oncologists, and fifteen Advanced Practice Providers across seven office locations. The Reimbursement Strategies Manager will be responsible for approximately thirty staff members consisting of Nurse Navigators, Chronic Care Management team, and Data Analysts.
The Practice offers a competitive salary including quarterly bonuses and annual salary reviews, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Among the variety of benefits offered is a 6 week company paid leave benefit for qualifying events such as maternity or a serious health condition.
Please see below for detailed information regarding job responsibilities and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Reimbursement Strategies Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop and implement strategies to ensure that the organization receives appropriate reimbursement for the healthcare services it provides.
1. Work to optimize the revenue generated by the practice. They do this by understanding the complex reimbursement systems used by insurance companies, government programs (such as Medicare and Medicaid), and other payers.
2. Work with the outside compliance consultant to ensure the organization complies with all relevant regulations and guidelines related to billing and reimbursement. This includes staying up-to-date with changes in healthcare laws and regulations.
3. Analyze financial data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement in reimbursement processes and revenue generation.
4. Leverage healthcare information technology and software to streamline processes.
5. Utilize data analytics to identify areas of potential improvement and to monitor the effectiveness of reimbursement strategies.
6. Oversee weekly meetings with the Reimbursement Strategies Supervisor to discuss current issues/concerns (both process issues and human resource issues), areas of improvement, and overall operational health.
7. Attend bimonthly management meetings to discuss current issues/concerns (both process issues and human resource issues), areas of improvement, overall operational health, and future growth plans.
8. In conjunction with the supervisors, oversee all hiring of new business office employees as well as perform all disciplinary actions for business office employees.
9. In conjunction with the supervisor, complete all business office staff annual reviews and determine when/if raises are merited. If a raise is merited, bring this to the attention of the COO.
10. In conjunction with the supervisors, oversee the management of all patient complaints in regards to the business office.
11. In conjunction with the supervisors, create written protocols for each billing operation and monitor the implementation and training of these protocols. Keep protocols in a centralized binder along with all employee attestations regarding protocols.
12. Create and monitor metrics to track productivity, efficiency, cost, revenue in profit of all reimbursement strategies.
13. Perform other tasks as needed or directed by management.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but relevant prior experience will be considered
2. Ten + years of relevant experience required. Medical experience is preferred.
3. Five + years of management experience required
1. Employee must be able to communicate clearly with patients.
2. Employee must be able to keep an organized workflow and effectively manage multiple tasks
at one time.
3. Employee must be able to be active and mobile for an eight hour period
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are able to perform
the essential functions of the job
"*" indicates required fields